Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Rolleiflex 2.8F

Finally after much hesitation and had enough of monitoring on Evil bay.com, i decided to just buy it.
It seems like after having tried different kinds of Twin lens reflex (TLR), the urge to try a Rolleiflex is still there.
I have tried convincing myself many times that i do not need a Rolleiflex. If i wanted a fast lens at f2.8, i had my Mamiya C220, 80mm f2.8 lens that works as well. If i need a sharp Planar lens, my Seagull 4BI which has proven so far to be more than capable.
If i need a light and portable TLR, i have so many others, like the Yashica 124G, the Flexaret VI.
To be frank, i wasnt impressed with the 2.8E that i tried earlier.

So it basically drills down to nothing technical, just a plain "WANT"!

I want a Rolleiflex! I want to be connected to Vivian Maier...ahem!~, I mean the camera! Well, who knows, maybe i can shoot the same quality pictures, if i had one....

So, it didnt take me too long before i decided to try my luck at RFF...i posted a "WTB" and i got a notification the next day with a very nice seller offering me one that is well within my budget.

I didnt take long to decide to buy it.
Sadly, i cant wait for the parcel to arrive before i left for Kanchanaburi...it was only till today that i had the time to open up the parcel. The feeling was like Xmas!

The camera was in a really pristine condition. There isnt much to complain about and mechanically, this camera is one of the smoothest TLR that i have ever feel.
Rolleiflex 2.8F

Well, i bought the leather strap from Cam-in for this camera when i was in kanchanaburi since i couldnt find a croc-clip strap for it...
Rolleiflex 2.8F

The screen clearly display a 2.8F brightness..i cant tell if the screen has been changed but from what i know, a beattie screen should be much brighter...
Rolleiflex 2.8F

Seriously i don't know much about this model except that its a 2.8F. I didnt even know if its a white-face or which "type" was it from. I cant tell much from the serial no. All i know was that its a Xenotar lens, its clean, its smooth and im really happy with it!
Rolleiflex 2.8F

And so, today was suppose to bring it out for a walk and shoot session....and i did...just that there wasn't alot of nice subjects due to the weather and ended up i did a little photoshoot of myself with the camera :)Rolleiflex 2.8F

Rolleiflex 2.8F

Hopefully, i will have some nice pictures to share soon!

P.S Thanks Jacinto.

Fuji X-E1, XF 35mm f1.4

No comments:

Post a Comment